+54 4319-7100 ext. email@example.com
Malm Green, Guillermo
Guillermo Malm Green graduated as a lawyer with honors from the Universidad de Buenos Aires. He chairs the Environmental Law Practice and co-chairs the Corporate and M&A Practice of Brons & Salas. He joined the law firm in 1990 and is a partner from 1997. He is also member of the Executive Committee of the Law Firm.
Malm Green graduated from the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (LL.B., with honors, 1989). He also took courses in International Environmental Law at the Southwestern University School of Law, Summer Law Program (Argentina, 1993), and attended the Academy of American and International Law, The Center for American and International Law (formerly, The Southwestern Legal Foundation) of the University of Texas, Dallas, in 1994. He was also member of the Allen & Overy alumni network in 1998-1999.
Regarding his corporate law experience, Mr. Malm Green leads a team of ten lawyers fully devoted to provide general corporate and M&A advice to multinational companies doing business in Argentina.
Regarding his specialization in environmental law, his practice has specific focus on due diligence, environmental housekeeping and litigation. His clients include, among many others, companies engaged in the automobile, pharmaceutical, chemical, energy, mining and food industries.
He has lectured extensively on environmental and corporate issues, both in Argentina and abroad.
Guillermo has been constantly ranked in the top tier of environmental and corporate legal advisers in Chambers Global from 2009 to date.
Co-author of the chapters on Argentina of the following books:
- “International Environmental Law – The Practitioner’s Guide to the Laws of the Planet”, Chapter 21, Argentina (2014), published by the American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources.
- “Environment in 25 jurisdictions worldwide”, published by Getting the Deal Through (2007).
- “Product Liability – Argentina”, published by Global Legal Group (2003).
- “New Developments in Argentine Environmental Legislation. A Step Forward in Protecting the Environment”, “International Environmental Laws and Regulations in Argentina” (1998) published by the Center for International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria.
In Argentina, Guillermo has published the following articles on natural resources:
- “Aspectos societarios relacionados con la Ley de Tierras Rurales” (“Corporate Aspects Related to the Rural Land Law”), published in La Ley, July 2015.
- “La nueva legislación ambiental bonaerense” (“The new environmental laws of the Province of Buenos Aires”), published in La Ley, May 2012.
- “Armas químicas en Argentina. Reflexiones sobre la nueva Ley N° 247” (“Chemical weapons regulations in Argentina. Comments on recently enacted Law No. 26,247”), published in La Ley, June 2007.
- “El seguro ambiental previsto por la ley general del ambiente y reflexiones adicionales” (“Environmental insurance under the framework environmental law and some additional considerations”) published in La Ley, May 2007.
- “La exigencia del proceso de evaluación de impacto ambiental“ (“The required process of environmental impact assessment”), published in La Ley Litoral, 2006.
- “La determinación del daño ambiental” (“How to assess environmental damages?”), published in La Ley, April 2006.
- “Análisis de la Ley General del Ambiente. ¿Avances en el derecho ambiental argentino?” (“Analysis of the Framework Environmental Law. Has any progress been made in Argentine Environmental Law?”), published in La Ley, 2005.
- “Algunos comentarios sobre los estudios de impacto ambiental” (“Some comments on environmental impact studies”), published in La Ley, 1995.
- “Aproximación a una teoría de los principios del derecho ambiental” (“Approach to a theory on the principles of environmental law”), published in La Ley, 1994.
- “Regulación del medio ambiente (Panorama actual)” (“Environmental Regulations (Current Scenario)”), published in La Ley, 1993.
Guillermo is Vice President of the Environmental Law Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Argentina. He has also been Country Chair (Argentina) of the International Section of the New York State Bar Association, former Co-Chair of the Latin American & Caribbean Committee (2009-2010) of the International Section of the American Bar Association and current Senior Advisor of such committee. Guillermo is Vice Chair of the International Environmental Law Committee, International Section, of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Malm Green is an Honorary Member of the Center for International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria. He is also a member of the City of Buenos Aires Bar Association, the San Isidro District Bar Association, and the Environmental Law Institute.
Mr. Malm Green is a Board Member and member of the Executive Committee of Terralex (www.terralex.org).
At present, Mr. Malm Green is also a director of the American Chamber of Commerce in Argentina.
Spanish and English.
Environmental Law & Natural Resources; Corporate Law; Contracts; Mergers & Acquisitions.