+54 4319-7100 ext. email@example.com
Sierra, Mariana L.
Mariana is an associate at the Litigation & Arbitration Department. She began working for the law firm in 1997.
Mariana received her LL.B. from the School of Law of the Universidad Católica Argentina in 1996. Furthermore, she took different postgraduate courses including “Financial and Operating Leases” (1996), “Liability for Medical Malpractice” (2005), “Medical Malpractice” (2007). She also took part in an Intensive Seminar on Legal Scholars’ Opinions and Case Law on Medical Malpractice (May 2009) and in the Argentine Congress on Medical Law “Management and Prevention of Errors and Medical and Pharmaceutical Legal Responsibility due to Drug Prescription, Adverse Effects Information, Sale of Medicines and Pharmacotherapy Follow-up.” (November 2007).
Mariana specializes in litigation, mediation and arbitration matters. She has been in charge of and participated in several matters involving complaints before Consumer Protection and Fair Trade authorities and the Ombudsman.
She has gained experience in and has leaded a teamwork devoted to lawsuits involving medical malpractice and liability of healthcare organizations. She has also acquired experience in IT and financial lease contracts.
At present, she specializes in general commercial litigation (termination of contracts, damages, bankers professional liability, enforcement proceedings, business agreements, financial leases, among others) and provides advice to automobile and food companies, banks and financial lease entities.
Mariana has co-authored the following papers:
– Insolvency & Restructuring, published in the Global Insolvency and Restructuring Review (2000), co-authoring with Mr. Alfredo L. Rovira.
– Insolvency & Restructuring, published in the Global Insolvency and Restructuring Review (2001), co-authoring with Mr. Alfredo L. Rovira.
– Lease-purchase Contracts in Argentina, published by the International Bar Association (2010), co-authoring with Mr. Lisandro A. Allende.
– Insolvency & Restructuring, published in the Global Insolvency and Restructuring Review (2012), co-authoring with Mr. Alfredo L. Rovira.
– Insolvency & Restructuring, published in the Global Insolvency and Restructuring Review (2014), co-authoring with Mr. Alfredo L. Rovira.
She is a member of the Buenos Aires Bar Association and of the Lomas de Zamora Bar Association.
Spanish and English.
Litigation & Arbitration; Contracts