+54 4319-7100 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
del Olmo, Mariano
Attorney-at-law graduated with honors from the Universidad de Buenos Aires. He co-leads the Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Departments, and he is in charge of the Department of Real Estate. He joined the law firm in 2005 and became a Partner in 2014.
He received his LL. B from the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires in 2004, with honors. He had the highest GPA (9 – Nine) and was appointed flag bearer in the graduation ceremony of the October 2005 class.
1- Deputy director of post-graduate studies “Reorganizations, acquisitions and deals with shares (M&A)” (1 year), Law School, University of Buenos Aires (since 2019).
In charge of the subjects/modules: – “Purchase and sale of shares (SPAs)”;
- “Shareholders’ Agreements” (together with Alfredo Rovira);
- “Co-ownership, usufruct, pledge, attachment, trusts on shares, and other share business deals” (together with Marcelo Pepe); and
- “Corporate reorganizations (conversions, mergers and spin-offs). Transfer of going concerns” (together with Alfredo Rovira).
2. Professor of the subject “Commercial Contracts” (formerly “Modern Contracts”) at the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires in the chair and course held by Alfredo Rovira (2007 – present).
3. Professor of “Introduction to Real Estate Law”, in charge of Marcelo A. Pepe, in the chair held by Jorge H. Alterini, at the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires, (between 2002 and 2006).
He specializes in Merger & Acquisitions, Corporate Law, Real Estate, Contract Law, and Corporate Conflicts.
1. He has been awarded by Chambers & Partners (Global and Latin America) as one of the leading corporate law/ M&A lawyers in Argentina in 2018 and 2019.
2. Legal 500 has also awarded him in corporate law/ M&A and in Real Estate in 2019.
3. Best GPA at Law School, University of Buenos Aires (2004).
4. Best GPA at Chester College (1998).
He has authored several articles on civil and commercial law matters, including, among others:
- “Oponibilidad de los pactos de bloqueo al tercero adquirente de paquetes accionarios” (in press).
- “Pactos parasociales y su oponibilidad a la sociedad y a terceros”, published in Revista de Derecho Comercial, La Ley Uruguay, Quinta Época, Year III, issue # 9, January-March 2018, p. 144 ff.
- “Límites a la titularidad de dominio de tierras rurales por extranjeros”, published on www.abogados.com.ar, on September 26, 2017.
- “Modificación a la reglamentación de la ley de tierras rurales”, published in Jurisprudencia Argentina, issue of June 28, 2017.
- “Aspectos societarios relacionados con la Ley de Tierras Rurales”, together with Guillermo Malm Green, published in La Ley, 2015-C, pp. 1287 ff.
- “Emisión de obligaciones negociables con garantía hipotecaria”, published in Revista de Derecho Comercial y de las Obligaciones, issue # 235, March-April 2009, pp. 381 ff.
- “Hipoteca sobre inmueble gravado con usufructo”, together with Marcelo A. Pepe, published in La Ley, 2007-F, pp. 1167 ff.
- Keynote speaker on “Members’ agreements and their enforceability” in the VIII Argentine-Uruguayan Commercial Law Sessions, Montevideo, August 3 and 4, 2017.
- Sole speaker on “Surface rights and other relevant amendments to Rights In Rem in the Argentine New Civil and Commercial Code”, practical workshop organized by the Association of Notaries Public for the City of Buenos Aires (August 2015).
- Sole speaker on “News related to in rem and personal rights”, conference organized by the Legal and Tax Affairs Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America in Argentina (AmCham) and the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) (July, 2015).
- Keynote speaker on “Administrative Precedents of the Argentine Exchange Commission” in the III Argentine-Uruguayan Commercial Law Sessions, organized by the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (2012).
He is a member of the Buenos Aires Bar Association and of the International Bar Association.
Spanish, English, and French.
Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate Law / Contracts / Real Estate / Complex Litigation.